After a 15 month hiatus, hand crafted glass floats made by local artisans will hit the seven miles of beaches in Lincoln City as Finders Keepers begins.
Float Fairies will be out in full force Monday, June 14, dropping off the first of 3,000 one-of-a-kind glass floats for visitors to find.
Explore Lincoln City’s Finders Keepers program is a huge draw for beachcombing treasure hunters, who enjoy the mix of art and the outdoors. The popular program has been missed by many who routinely come to Lincoln City for the hunt.
According to Explore Lincoln City Director Ed Dreistadt, the most fielded phone call his department receives is visitors asking when Finders Keepers will be back.
“It’s been a long weird year,” Dreistadt said. “It’s a great way to welcome guests back by safely experiencing firsthand the beauty and wonders of our coast, just in time for the summer as our city begins to return to normalcy.”
Basic rules of the hunt:
- Floats can be found above the high tide line and below the beach embankment.
- Floats are placed on the beach during daylight hours only.
- Floats are hidden throughout the day, not just at one time.
- Floats are out there every day rain or shine. On rare occasions weather and ocean conditions can create unsafe situations, official notice of any cancellations will be made on our social media channels and website.
- One float per person, per year. Spread the love!
Treasure hunters can look for a sticker on floats, where they will find a way to register their find via text or online.