As the Nov. 6 election approaches, I would like to reaffirm my commitment to serve as your next County Commissioner for Position 1. I have chosen to run a fiscally conservative campaign and will not be soliciting funds from individuals or businesses. My goal is to demonstrate that good things can come from working hard, thinking outside the box, and engaging the goodwill of community members to support a cause we believe in.
My professional, volunteer and elected roles as a county department manager, hospital patient services advocate, school board representative, and volunteer fire/first responder, have instilled in me the following public service principles:
- advocacy for individuals, families, businesses, employees and natural resources
- community-developed plans for long range growth
- cost effective quality outcomes
- benchmarking results to ensure we are meeting the expectations of those we serve
As your County Commissioner, I will bring these principles and strengths to this position:
- a proven public servant
- a fiscally conservative outlook
- a creative planner using limited resources
- a skilled facilitator of partnerships and programs
- a strong presenter of our local priorities and needs to state and federal partners
- an experienced communicator
- an advocate of transparency in local government
In the weeks leading up to our election day you are welcome to contact me directly for more information, attend one of my “Meet the Candidate – Jenny Demaris” sessions and/or attend a “Candidate Forum” sponsored by local community groups to learn more about me and have your specific questions answered. Up to date schedules and campaign support information will be posted via my candidate information site, my public Facebook page and/or emailed upon request.
In closing, I look forward to continuing our conversations about what is important to our communities, how together we can plan for our future, and how we can incorporate the views of many for the future of Lincoln County.
Virginia “Jenny” Demaris
Phone: (541) 272-7028
Email: [email protected]
Candidate Info Site: https://tinyurl.com/2018demaris
Facebook: Jenny Demaris-Candidate
Mailing Address: 26369 Hwy 20, Eddyville, OR 97343