Neskowin Farmers Market 2020 season will open Saturday May 16, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Neskowin Valley School.
Governor Kate Brown has declared farmers markets essential services.
Following the guidance issued by the Oregon Department of Agriculture, the Market will continue operating as an important source of food for residents of Neskowin and the surrounding area. The market will return to our usual location at the Neskowin Beach Wayside as soon as possible after Oregon State Parks reopen.
The Neskowin Farmers Market is a necessary source of food for many residents of Tillamook and Lincoln Counties, and we are committed to the health and well-being of our community. We are following CDC and state guidelines to prioritize customer, vendor and community health, so things will look and feel a lot different than they have in past years. Please help us keep the market open and continue supporting local farmers by observing the changes to market operations while you shop.
The following are changes to market operations:
– The market will be held in Neskowin Valley School’s covered play area while the Neskowin Beach Wayside is closed. The school’s address is 10005 Slab Creek Road, about 4 miles inland from the wayside. Parking is available in the gravel lot and you will have to walk around the building to the play area.
– Only vendors selling grocery items will be allowed at the market.
– There will be no craft/artist vendors until further notice. We encourage you to support our local crafters: visit the market’s website to find their contact and ordering information!
– Please observe the first hour of market (9:00-10:00am) for our community members who are at a higher risk (elderly, immune-compromised, etc).
– Live music and the community booth have been cancelled until further notice.
– There will be no samples, no seating, and no hot coffee for purchase. Consumption of food in the market is not allowed.
– Dogs are not allowed in the market until further notice.
– There will be one entrance and one exit to the farmers market. Please read and follow signage and listen to instructions from market staff and volunteers.
– We will be limiting the total number of customers inside the market and the number of customers waiting to enter the market. We may ask people to wait in their parked car.
– Vendor booths will be spaced 10 feet apart, and vendors are implementing additional safety precautions
– Only one shopper at a time will be allowed in a booth. Please stand on the marked “X” on the ground to maintain social distancing while waiting in line.
– No public bathroom facilities will be available at the market while at Neskowin Valley School.
– A handwashing station will be available for customer use.
– The market is functioning like a grocery store. Please wave ‘hello’ to your neighbors and move along.
– We are still accepting SNAP EBT. We are still providing SNAP Match (extra matching this year) We still have vendors who accept FDNP checks (the green $4 ones)
Please visit our website at www.neskowinfarmersmarket.com for additional information for customers coming to shop at the market, and about precautions our vendors are taking. From our website you will also be able to see a list of our 2020 season vendors and online pre order options. Follow us on Facebook for season updates!