A crew of nine North Lincoln Fire & Rescue firefighters arrived in two engines and two command units Thursday evening to combat a possible structure and nearby brush fire at a home on S. Drift Creek Road.
According to NLFR, the fire was caused by a permitted backyard burn pile that was unattended for only a few minutes. The fire was quickly extinguished by crews, who thoroughly checked under the house for hot spots.
NLFR said the homeowner had a hose on site, as required, keeping damage limited until crews arrived.
Depoe Bay Fire and Pacific West Ambulance also responded to the scene on standby.
NLFR warned that the incident is an early reminder of the dry conditions the state is experiencing. Marion, Clackamas and Linn counties are currently under an outdoor burn ban, officials said.