Bank of The West, Columbia Bank and First Interstate Bank will no longer accept Lincoln County property tax payments as of October 25, 2019.
According to a news release from Lincoln County, tax payers will no longer be able to make their property tax payments at the local banks beginning with the 2019-20 tax year.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This change is to facilitate efficiencies and to comply with banking rules and future decisions of local banks who may phase out the collection of property taxes for Lincoln County.
Lincoln County has other payment options for property taxpayers which include the following:
- Make a payment “online “ via website with credit card, debit card or electronic check.
- Make a payment through personal online banking institutions.
- Pay at Lincoln County’s service counter in person, with cash, cashier’s check, money order, personal check or business check.
- Pay by mail, postmark accepted.
- Go to a local post office and get a date stamp and ask for a certificate of mailing.
- Pay at the drop box located in the Lincoln County Courthouse parking lot.
For more information or questions, call Lincoln County Tax Department at 541-265-4139.