Find out how to take control of your kidney health at a free Kidney Smart class led by certified kidney care educators. The class will be offered the last Friday of the month from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital, beginning May 31.
Some questions the class will answer include:
- What causes chronic kidney disease and how can it be delayed?
- What is a kidney-friendly diet and what information is available to help make the right food choices at home and while dining out?
- What actions can be taken to lower blood pressure, manage blood sugar and make simple lifestyle changes?
- How can medication management help lead to better kidney health?
- How does continuing to work and having insurance coverage help with quality of life?
- What treatment options are available that can fit a variety of work and lifestyle needs (including dialysis performed during the day or night, at home or in a clinic)?
- How does the transplant process work, who can receive this treatment and how may it lead to better health?
Anyone who is interested in supporting a patient’s kidney health journey is also welcome to take a class and ask questions. Registration is required by calling 855-343-4951.
Classes, presented by DaVita Kidney Care, will be held in the Education Conference Room at Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital.